Sept 18, 2017, 4:30pm-5:30pm
Present: Tricia, Heather D., Tim M., Todd, Nan, Darcie, Paul, Emily, Josh
Absent: Billi, Heather S.
1. Farm to School (Darcie): The board votes to issue quarterly checks to Livy Bulger, MSD Farm to School Coordinator ahead of receiving payment from the United Way grant. Heather D. will issue checks for $500.00 in September, December, February, and April.
2. Rocktoberfest: (Tricia) Planning for the festival is moving forward. The board votes to donate $1,000 to the festival.
3. Plaque update: (Heather) The plaques from the last order are being installed.
4. Festival of Lights: (Tricia) This year’s festival is scheduled for Saturday, Dec 2.
5. Pocket Park update: (Tricia) Tricia is waiting to hear about Recreation Facilities grant funding for this. Todd and Tricia plan to have the area weeded and mulched before Rocktoberfest.
6. Decorating the downtown for fall/Rocktoberfest: The board votes to spend $500 on fall decorations.
7. Building/Around Town updates: (Todd) The road crew and the Morristown Police Department do not support the switch to angled parking. The proposal will be reviewed again by the select board on Monday, September 25, 2017. All who can make that meeting are encouraged to attend to support this project.
8. Strategic Plan: (see below) The strategic plan is included below to keep goals in mind. Thinking ahead: please send signage ideas to Tricia, send any ideas for landscaping the A to B street project to Todd, Josh is interested in forming a subcommittee to look at adding to greenspace to the north end of town.
9. History and Art Walk: (Todd/Tricia) Planning for the walk is coming along. Todd presents a draft of the text for signs for feedback.
1. Review of quarterly financial report
2. Winter Event- First Annual Winter Volleyball Tournament at the Oxbow?