June 17, 2017, 4:30pm-5:30pm
Present: Tricia, Heather D., Tim M., Todd, Heather S., Nan, Darcie
Absent: Billi, Paul T., Emily
1. History and Art Walk Signs: Todd is getting the information for the signs to sign maker Eric Bessette. He just submitted the writing for the second sign ( on the Grace Brethren church bell).
2. Pocket Park Update: Tricia will present updated plans from Jay Caroli for approval at the select board meeting on Monday, July 17. This “micropark” will reclaim pavement for approx. 2,000 square feet of greenspace, storm water treatment, and seating areas/places for public accommodations.
3. Tree Sculpture: The next tree sculpture will be installed in September at the Morristown Centennial Library.
4. Rocktoberfest: Does MACC want to be involved in a different/bigger way? How can MACC promote the Chair-Art-Able Auction?
5. Farm to School: MACC received a $2,000 grant from United Way to support the Farm to School program and partnership with the Morristown School District.
6. Strategic Plan: keep checking back to this plan and see how these projects are moving forward and what projects are getting accomplished.
7. Plaque Project: Heather reports that they are now into their third order of (20) plaques.
8. New MACC Intern: Deidre Keith will be working on updating the business contact spreadsheet, watering flowers, and Rocktoberfest.
9. Building Updates/Around Town: Green Dragon- painting this week. Just got approval for sidewalk scaffolding. Nepvu pulled state construction permits and are rumored to be under construction in August. Jost building sold at auction. The old McMahon’s building was leased by fuel dealer RL Vallee. RL Vallee will not be proposing fuel dispensing at this location as the town’s zoning does not allow it. RL is undecided what to do with this property.
10. No August meeting.